Nucleus plus not responding, no web interface, no signal to monitor directly connected

Roon Server Machine

Roon Nucleus Plus (rev B) with 1 TB drive

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ATT Fiber with gateway
Nest WiFi Pro Mesh
TP Link TL-SG116 gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

The unit is connected to a CyberPower surge/battery backup
Nothing connected directly to the Nucleus
Using Simaudio 390 as roon endpoint and various Sonos products
Use Android tablet/phone and PC for remote

Number of Tracks in Library

~10k?

Description of Issue

For the last couple of weeks the nucleus doesn’t come up on any remote, primarily have tried on my desktop to listen to music while working, finally had time to trouble shoot today, and it doesn’t come up on any remote. The web interface through the browser times out, nothing comes up, and a monitor hooked up to the Nucleus shows no signal from either HDMI output. The power light is on and the ethernet light is on/active.

I did turn off the Nucleus with the power switch, unplugged it for about 5 minutes, and then plugged it back in and turned it back on, but still unresponsive, no change.

I had a similar issue in August of last year (2023), I actually bought an inexpensive monitor to leave by the Nucleus at that time. Anyway, In August during the troubleshooting process it just started working again, the web interface became responsive, and was able to see the display on the monitor plugged directly into the device. Since it started working again I didn’t have any further problems until last 2-3 weeks when it became unresponsive again. Nothing in my setup has changed since last August either.

Incidentally there was a similar occurrence in 2022 that did not resolve and the unit was sent in for repair, I think maybe the drive was replaced but I can’t remember for sure.

Thanks
Kent

@support - any ideas here? Nucleus is still unresponsive…

Hey @Kent_Morris,

Sorry to hear your issues have returned!

You’re likely experiencing hardware-related issues, which rarely pop up more than once! I will follow up via PM and we’ll get moving on next steps. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.