Nucleus reboots randomly

Ok
I will do as you ask
Moving my database to an external HD which i will connect to the nucleus via USB
im hoping (for reasons i cant explain) that if i remove files from network it might help

Dont i need the background analysis on for things to work correctly?

Hey @thomas_clark1,

Thanks for temporarily disabling the audio analysis.

The process does exactly what the name says: analyzes your library when you first add it, and then, as you’re adding tracks to it. You can find out more details here.

Turning it off temporarily, it simply means you won’t be getting any new metadata.

My Nucleus just rebooted on its own. I did not initiate it.

My roon nucleus rebooted on its own again
21:28 4/26/22

Beka-
I need some help
I find the Logs folder. When I drag to your Drive to upload the log folder exceeds the size limits to upload to your folder…please advise.
Thank you

figured it out…logs uploaded

my nucleus just rebooted when i was listening to music

4/30/22 308 pm

As your team of experts continue to pour over my file in their dogged pursuit of a fix i wanted you to know i moved my files to an external hard drive in hopes that removing my NAS might help
Unfortunately yesterday’s unsolicited nucleus reboot it did not

Hi @thomas_clark1 ,

As per our private message thread, we believe that we understand the issue here and it is due to having thousands of tracks by the same artist. Please do let us know how the RAM upgrade goes and if it helps with the issue, thank you!

Yes totally understand and its wonderful to have a reason after months.
I realize that i dont have a typical collection of files and would imagine on your side of things you wouldnt have thought about Phish/Dead fans when developing the sofrtware.
In the end hopefully a solution will just make this great piece of software even better.
Appreciate the offer to help with the RAM upgrade.
Folks on this board have been quite generous with their advice. RAM should arrive today.
Plan on installing on Saturday.
I have nothing to base this on but I feel as though this will solve my issue
Appreciate your attention to this
Tom

1 Like

Hi @thomas_clark1 ,

As we investigate this issue further on the software side, we were hoping to kindly ask for you to send us your current RoonServer database which reproduces this issue. You can use these instructions to access and create a .zip of your RoonSever database:

Can you please upload the RoonServer database here and let us know once uploaded?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/f1e82d3f15cbd84c48be7cd10072bd52df446f593ed7992ce88d79f9aed41093

Any questions or issues, please let us know, thank you.

Ok will try…
My ROON situation sort of a mess now.
Had moved files from my NAS to an external HD.
after i did that like 6000 tracks were being duplicated. One file path stated “PHISH” and the 2nd file path specified “phish”. Strangley there is no folder titled PHISH…the folder on my HD is “phish” the folder on my NAS is “PHISH” i just assume when i moved my storage location and used a backup to restore something got confused. Oddly i deleted the "phish " folder from my external drive in hopes of starting over. After deleting the “phish” file so there is no longer any phish file on the external HD the files from the "PHISH " path were still there
So I erased the external as a storage location and started over with a different HD. When I left this morning ROON was scanning the files on the new HD.
When i go and choose a storage location the HD is listed and the path to my NAS is still listed.
I wondered if having the path to the NAS storage still listed as an option might have caused the duplicated 6000 files??? But I couldnt explain why just those 6000 songs?
Im hoping when I get home the new HD is been scanned and everything is ok due to a new database location
Im bracing myself for an outcome that is not that ideal.
I guess if duplicates still there i will erase the NAS path completely…
I also need to take my nucleus in on weds to have the repair shop remove the last stripped screw so i can upgrade the RAM to 32GB.
so long story but uploading the information you ate asking for may take some time.
I just need to stabilize this disaster I find myself in.
Its been a real challenge but im hoping to just get through this to some point of serene stability.

Thats alot but any i sight on why on my previous storage location there were 6000 duplicate tracks from 2 different file paths.?

Im trying to have faith, Norris, but its not easy and i feel everything I do just makes things worse

Thanks for reading

Tom

Hi @thomas_clark1 ,

Sorry to hear about the continued troubles here.

When you moved you files to your NAS and added this storage location to Roon, did you remember to first remove the previous storage location? I ask because if Roon sees two storage locations with the same files, it will import the 2nd storage location as “new” and that’s when you would see duplicate files. When re-organizing files, it is best to follow this guide:

That does sound a bit strange, are there any screenshots of this that you can share (folder structure on NAS and file path in Roon)?

Do you still have backups of your database before the migration? If you do, it might be best to restore to that backup and attempt the migration procedure again.

1 Like

I did follow the instructions
Then while it was doing whatever it does i loaded a back up.
No screenshots etc.
I scrapped the whole thing.
Loaded files on another HD and called the folders something different.
In limbo now as my nucleus in the shop with hopes they can get past the trashed soft screws so I can add RAM.
I hope when i get it back i can just connect the new drive and delete any previous paths and just start fresh
Poor me. I really am the type that just wants to plug and play and enjoy.
Still optimistic i can do that with ROON after 2 years of ups and downs
Really appreaciate you getting back to me
Thanks
Tom

Having issues
Got RAM upgraded in Nucleus to 32GB
now trying do a zip file of the Roon server database
Have external HD connected to Nucleus
Am trying to make a zip file of the folder but its saying its going to take an hour
Seems like a long time
Gonna abort so i can restart the Roon server software and use it

Hi @thomas_clark1 ,

It sounds like the RAM install worked out in the end, has there been any improvement after using RoonServer last night?

Yes, making a zip of the RoonServer folder can take some time, there are lots of small files. Perhaps you can try to make the .zip when you are not activly using the Nucelus, for example overnight?

Dont percieve any difference in performance after RAM installation
Thanks for overnight suggestion re: database i had thought something amis given the time projected
Given u say its normal i will try and get it done in next day or 2
Thank you
Tom

1 Like