Nucleus (rev A) not updating and keeps shutting off

Roon Core Machine

Netgear Nighthawk AC1750

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Nucleus connected to Netgear Nighthawk. Steaming Tidal wirelessly to Iogear wireless bridge connected to Sonore Ultrarendu. Ultrarendu connected to Luxman DA06 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Just streaming from Tidal

Description of Issue

After opening Roon remote on my ipad, I get a message stating that Nucleus needs to be updated to build 970. After it finishes downloading, Nucleus shuts off and I get the remote connection message that says it it waiting for the remote core. Nucleus shuts off and I am not able to power it on. Only when I pull the power adapter plug and reinsert it to Nucleus

does it power up.

Please help

try accessing http://nucleus.local

refresh if no response, this might be connected to nucleus continiously rebooting. Take a screenshot when you get webpage up (if ever). If not connect nucleus to a display via HDMI (TV will do fine) and see what is going on.

if you get web interface up, click this button:

Thank you Tor_Gunnar_Berland. I tested my power supply adapter and it was not working correctly. I bought another 19v, 3.42A supply from Amazon and was able to keep Nucleus on long enough to update to Roon 2.0.

I thought all was fine until I started to play tracks in Roon from Tidal then Nucleus would shut off after <3 minutes. This happened three times in a row consistently. Then Nucleus restarts after several minutes.

I have tried to access the http://nucleus.local and it does not open. Need a buy longer HDMI cable to connect to TV.

Any ideas why nucleus keeps shutting down?

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus (rev A)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk Ac1750

Connected Audio Devices

Streaming Tidal to Iogear wireless bridge connected to Ultrarendu connected to Luxman DA-06

Number of Tracks in Library

Just streaming Tidal

Description of Issue

Originally posted this in the another support section. I was having nucleus continuously power cycle and unable to install updates. Finally it stayed on long enough to download Roon Server 2.0. However, when I opened Roon remote to play a track it would disconnect from the roon core and I would check and see that Nucleus was powered off. I then tried to physically turn on Nucleus and it would not turn on. After waiting for 10-15 minutes Nucleus would power on by itself. Then shut off in another few minutes…

Another forum member recommended that I go into the Nucleus settings and perform the OS system reinstall. I attempted to do this which was unsuccessful due to the Nucleus randomly shutting of and on. Now I am unable to connect to my roon core and the roon server software and audio codecs are gone!

I am frustrated and would like some get official support for my Nucleus. Thank you in advance and apologies for the lengthy post.

I’ve moved your second support request into the existing thread. Let’s get it sorted in one place, please.

Can we move this topic to nucleus support? I would like the roon people to see this. Thank you

Done. /10 char

Roon support are you there? Help would be much appreciated.

They are there, but the queue of requests is rather long following the release of Roon 2.0 and Roon ARC, and there are only four people in the team.

Meanwhile - I noticed in your first screenshot that the IP address of your Nucleus appears to be an IPv6 address (it starts with ::ffff:). Can you turn off IPv6 in your Nighthawk and see if that helps?

Thank you Geoff for the input. I have looked through the ac1750 manual and I am not confident how to do this without screwing up my network as my tech knowledge base is limited. I have been running roon for 4 years prior to this without major issues…until now

Also the larger issue of the constant power cycling and unresponsiveness of my nucleus needs to be addressed.

Roon Support, an update on how long the anticipated wait time for official support would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi there @K_Ho,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response. I will send you a private message to advise you of potential next steps.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.