Nucleus Titan - just arrived and software won't update (blocked from connecting)

Roon Server Machine

OS1 build 258 - running on Nucleus Titan 2.0 build 1234

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet through a gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

USB to Mcintosh DA converter

Number of Tracks in Library

10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I just took shipment on my new Nucleus Titan and:

I am in an endless death loop → connect to the Titan

→ “software upgrade needed” message

→ “There was an error checking for an update, Try again”

Anyone else seeing this and have a workaround or solve. I’ve rebooted, checked network, etc…

Something similar happened to me when I attempted to set up the Titan. I would select the Titan, and the process would stall indicating it can’t find the Titan. I rebooted the router, installed new remote program for Windows, and after an hour, I was ready to return the Titan.

Finally, the darn software proceeded and installed the update. I was then able to finish the installation.

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Have you tried updating the Titan via the Web Administration Interface?

Have you tried restarting your network equipment, once restarted only then start the Titan , may help ??

1 Like

Hey @Greg_Hayes,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your issue updating your Titan - that should absolutely be something that happens automatically.

Do you have the Titan connected via ethernet to your primary router?

@Geoff_Coupe is correct in next steps being an update attempt from the webUI of your Titan. Let me know if you’re able to access it, and if you’re able to successfully update. :+1:

Here’s what I’m seeing from the web interface. No update available here.

What happens when you press the Operating System Reinstall button? It is supposed to download/install the newest version.

1 Like

Yes @mSpot is correct, reinstalling the OS will update to the latest build. Make sure to stop Roon Server from running prior to reinstalling. Let me know if this helps :pray:

That did the trick.

From the web interface →
Stop Roon server
Reinstall OS
Note: this also forces the Roon Server update
Restart Roon server
Up and running!

Thanks for the info everyone and @mSpot and @benjamin especially.

1 Like

Glad it worked out, but Roon needs to investigate and make the setup more robust. Nucleus Titan is a premium product and it should “just work” without any fuss.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.