Nucleus+ unresponsive and not showing up in network (ref#A5U0XU)

Affected Product

Nucleus

Nucleus Model

Nucleus+ Rev B

Description of Issue

The Nucleus has been unresponsive for the last 4 days and it does not show up in Mac Finder under Network. It has been rebooted numerous times by powering off and by removing the power cord. I have switched the ethernet cable, always using Cat 6 and rebooted.
I access my nucleus over Ethernet. The ethernet plug always lights with power on: left light solid amber, right light blinking red.

I access Roon from a Mac Mini, a Macbook Pro and two ipads, one 6 months old and one 1 year old. All three of these of these devices display Waiting for your Roon Server when loading Roon.

I am also unable to access it online via the administrator screen.

RAM & Internal Storage

4Tb

Connected Audio Devices

Living Room: Cambridge Audio EVO 150 via ethernet
Workshop: Cambridge Audio CXNV2 via ethernet
Bed Room: Yamaha R N 602 via Airplay

Home Network Details

Router is Netgear Orbi RBR 50 to TPLink 8 port Giga bit Switch with POE to Netgear ProSafe 8 Port Giga Bit Switch Model CS 108

Hello, I myself had the same issue and the mother board had to be replaced. If I may, I highly recommend a APC battery backup to protect unit from unexpected electrical surges or outages.

@SGSurf - can you attach a monitor or a TV to the HDMI connector on the Nucleus and post a photo of any messages you see on the screen? Thanks.

Also, two questions:

• Is the unit still within the 2 year warranty period?
  • Did you buy it from a dealer or direct from Roon Labs?

Your answers will determine the next steps. Thanks.

1 Like

It was on a battery backup, Thanks for the input.

Hi Geoff,

It was on a battery backup and I have already hooked it up to a TV Monitor and nothing shows. I bought it 8/31/22 from ROON online so it is under warranty.

Thanks for your input, it is a head scratcher.
Stephen

I had a similar experience a coupe of weeks ago. It seemed that the ip address was no longer visible on my UniFi network. I reset the network and waited patiently and eventually the Nucleus became visible after using the start button.

I have similar issue. Nucleus purchased around same time as yours, under warranty and bought from ROON could not be detected, would not power on. Returned to ROON, took 14 days to be delivered by FedEx. After several emails with RMA support, just got email that said faulty power switch has been replaced, Nucleus will be sent back via 7-10 day shipping, I was given option of sending “prepaid” shipping to expedite shipping. Hopefully when HARMON sale is complete ROON will have real customer support.

Hi @SGSurf,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear about your Nucleus issues! I will follow up via private message with next steps. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.