Nucleus weird behaviour

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROON Nucleus

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio 851N DAC

Description Of Issue

Nucleus is connected via cable to the modem (and is visible in the modem menu and all functions seem to work in the web-menu of the Nucleus, everything is updated and rebooted)

The DAC is connected to the Nucleus via its USB and to the USB2 of the DAC (as I previously did with the macbook being the core)

The DAC is connected to the modem via WIFI

When selecting the ZONES in the ROON menu on the IPAD (Nucleus selected as CORE) I only see the NUCLEUS HDMI A and B and also the CA851N.

When playing music in Qobuz and having the 851N selected as ZONE, there is no sound and even more strangly, after pushing the play now button it starts at track1 and after each second in switches to the next track until the last.

When the ZONE is one of the Nucleus HDMI’s (not connected), the Qobuz software starts at track1 and keeps on playing it as it should.

I assume the Nucleus should be playing through the USB-USB as well and that I should not find a HDMI out of the Nucleus to??? on the DAC solution?

And…back again… :wink:

I expect that an (automatic?) update of the DAC firmware at startup set back all settings to default…including the USB input on USB1 instead of USB2 (for HiRes). Before, the skipping must have been due to the DAC not having the right capability to match the NUCLEUS output higher resolution.

Anyhow, for now I am ok.

3 Likes

Hi @Arno_Pfennings,

The HDMI outputs are always going to show up regardless of whether or not you have anything connected via HDMI.

Based on what you were experiencing, it sounds like the DAC was having trouble communicating with Nucleus. I’m glad things seem to be working for you now, though. If you see any issues return please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.