Nucleus will not play: Error code: Too Many failures, stopping playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus +, Tidal HIFI.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bel Canto Pre/Amp/DAC.

Description Of Issue
Greetings,

I am experienced Roon user, I am trying to set up a configuration for my friend who just signed up for the promotion.

He has been using my Nucleus successfully for about 1 week so we know it’s not his system.

We loaded Roon onto his iPad and several phones successfully.

Every time we try to play a song, we get an error

This track is not currently available on Tidal
Too Many failures, stopping playback

I have re installed the OS and restarted the server several times.
I have been at this for hours.
I have no idea how to fix this.
Can you help?

Thanks
David

Can he play anything locally (i.e. not streamed through Tidal) to see if it has the same issue?

1 Like

Yes, we have streamed other content, through a his Bel Canto Pre/Amp/DAC using a native app called SEEK

Can you stream any local library content via Roon (rather than streaming from Tidal) or do the same errors occur? Just trying to isolate where the break in the chain is while we’re waiting for Support to arrive.

1 Like

Unfortunately, he is new to music and has no playlists or other content other than what is available through Tidal. I have checked his services under settings and he is signed into Tidal.

When we logged into Roon the first time, he had to enter his coupon code. I do not know how he was authorized to get access to Tidal for 12 months My guess is he must have signed up when he bought the promotion

Are you able to sign in to Tidal with your account to see if that helps?

1 Like

I now have his Nucleus at my house. I brought it home. I am using my system and it works perfectly so I know it’s not a hardware issue.

When I change cores to his Nucleus I get the same error:

Too Many Failures, stoppiong playback

I have been trying to figure out how to sign into Tidal using his account ? I have no problem using Tidal from my account

ok, I’m pretty sure the issue is with Tidal. I was able to log into Tidal inside Roon using his ID
Nothing was available to play. Its definitely an issue with Tidal. I am going to try and sign up for a 30 day trial.

1 Like

Contact Tidal support they are pretty good. The symptoms you describe have been on here before when the Tidal account had expired.

I just read a thread on the promotion. Apparently an email was sent with a CODE that allows access to Tidal. I am 100% certain this is the issue.
Thanks for your help
David

3 Likes

Hi @m3r,

It sounds like you have an idea of where to look next regarding this issue with the signup code, but if you still have further issues afterwards, please just let us know. Thank you @GKern for jumping in here while this case reached our queue!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.