Nucleus won't see new SSD drive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Version 1.7 (build 511).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Nucleus attached via ethernet to router. Seeing Nucleus on home network isn’t the problem.

Installed new Samsung 2TB SSD internal drive. Don’t know if Nucleus isn’t seeing it; or I just can’t find it in settings. So, can’t format drive.

Please help.

When you say you “just can’t find it in settings” - are you looking at the Web Administration Interface using your browser, or are you thinking of the Settings pages in Roon?

You need the Web Administration Interface.

Helpful. I’ve been looking in Serttings in Roon. Let me figure out how to get to the web admin interface and see how I do. Thank you.

Point your browser at the network address of your Nucleus, and you should see it…

I got to the web admin interface. Internal Music Storage not showing up. I have an external drive attached via USB. Could that be affecting it?

No, that would not be the reason that the internal SSD is not showing up on the web page. Next thing I would do is check that the connectors on the SSD are properly seated?

Tried that. I feel confident the connectors are seated. Drive is Samsung “V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA.” Any compatibility issues?

Not that I’m aware of. Any chance that you can try it out in a PC? Also let’s see if @support have any suggestions.

I don’t think I can try it out on a PC. All my stuff is MAC. Wouldn’t know where to begin.

OK. Let’s wait for someone from support to chime in. You could also try rebooting the Nucleus one more time to see if that kicks something into action…

Hah! Reboot aeems to have worked. Will try to load music library now. Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.