NucleusPlus not working

Roon Core Machine

I have had very few problems over a two-year plus stretch since I first purchased the NucleusPlus directly from Roon. Three days ago, I turned on my audio system (note: the NucleusPlus core is always left on), and it came back saying it cannot find the Roon Core.

I have been troubleshooting for the last three days in order to avoid wasting anyone’s time here at community support, but I am at wits end. I have tried everything I can think of, but let me first describe the issue and setup.

I am trying to stay calm about this, but I have spent a lot of time looking through all the problem reports from others and it doesn’t seem like this is a simple software issue (I’m a novice, so I may very well be wrong). It feels like to me like it may be firmware or hardware related. Which is a huge bummer, since I think I’m out of warranty and I am retired. This was going to be my forever system, and I was extremely happy with roon up to now.

I am reaching out to you folks and hoping that maybe you can help. Anything is greatly appreciated. P.S….if it does turn out to be a hardware issue, is there a place I can send the unit for repair?

Pat

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Describe Your Setup

• I have a Roon NucleusPlus media server connected to my Archer A7 router
• It streams to an UltraRendu streamer that feeds an ADI RME-2 DAC
• That feeds a Marantz 5010 AVR, which acts as a pre-amp to
• A Carver M-500t power amp

The Roon Nucleus Plus:

• Listed on bottom label as Nucleus+ (rev.B)
• S/N 54B2038D0E59
• Should be rev.2 software
• I installed a 2TB Samsung SSD for my content
• Content is about 2000 albums (30K tracks) on the SSD
• Utilize Tidal (Masters) for streaming with personal library

Remotes:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10A tablet
• Motorola G7 phone
• Lenovo IdeaPad Flex

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Describe the Issue

• The NucleusPlus is not recognized by my network. The power light switch is on, the ethernet cable shows yellow and flashing green, but it no longer appears on my network. I used to see it from other ethernet wired PCs, the router software, (and of course, the roon remote phones and tablets). This is a permanent situation right now.
• I even tried to access the unit via HDMI, but there is only a blank screen
• I have swapped out cables, router connections, switch connections, turned everything on and off a hundred times, rebooted everything a hundred times, etc. Nothing works. Still no evidence of a NucleusPlus core machine on the network.

If you haven’t plug up the Nucleus to a monitor and see what it displays on the screen.

Thanks for the response.
I plugged the Nucleus into a monitor, and it just showed a blank screen.

@support. The Nucleus seems unresponsive.

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly the case. Not sure what I should do.

@Patster11, when did you purchase your Nucleus Plus, and did you purchase it from a dealer or directly from Roon?

Just hang tight. I pinged support to alert them.

Thanks folks for responding. I purchased the Nucleus Plus unit direct from Roon around June 24th, 2020.

I take that back. I didn’t remember correctly. I actually ordered the unit through Amazon on June 7th, 2020 for a total of $2666.62.

Sorry, this the correct purchase information

Thanks Patster, Roon support should be in contact with you soon.

Thanks very much…

Hi @Patster11,

Thank you for writing a verbose description including your setup details.

I wish I had a better outlook for you but it looks like the board on your Nucleus has gone bad. I will send you a private message with a template for you to complete if you’d like to get the unit repaired.

Regards,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.