Number of possible activations

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac (OS High Sierra)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Would like to install Roon on 2 different machines.
Without using it simultaneously.
During the activation on the second computer, I am asked to deactivate the first computer!
Why?

You can have Roon core loaded on as many computers as you like, but can only activate and use one at a time if you have one license.

Your Roon license allows you to have one Core active at a time. You can switch between which Core is active any any time, though. If you choose Unauthorize you can use the Core that you’ve currently switched to and, when you return to the other Core, you’ll just have to go through the same authorization process. You can read more here: https://kb.roonlabs.com/How_many_licenses_do_I_need%3F

I think because you will activate the second one as part of the install process. After the second install, you can activate whichever one you want the deactivate the other. You will not be able to keep the two in sync unless you do a backup of one and restore on the other everytime you want to switch from one to the other.

Yes, Thank you

While it might sound threatening, the deactivation or deauthorization is completely reversible. Nothing is changed on the computer itself.
Some people do it to their Roon cores every day. You just turn one core off (to deauthorize) and turn the other core on.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.