Nvidia Shield as a Chromecast Display

Just can‘t get it to work. It appears as a display in the Roon Settings but somehow it refuses to cast. Our Samsung smartphone can cast to the Shield without a problem. Everything is at the current versions and I have restarted the Shield device, but no luck.

Any ideas?

@Bacon_Brain

I have two nVidia Shields so I thought I would see if I could use one as a display today. You are probably familiar with all these steps but here is what I did.

1. Click on Volume icon ( on right with 100 under it ) on the now playing ribbon

Shield%201

1. Click on Display icon to the left of DSP

Shield%202

1. Select LR Shield from the list - note it now says Stop Display not Display Now

This did not work the first time I tried it. The list of available displays was much longer with the BR Shield listed after the LR Shield and repeated multiple times. I rebooted the LR Shield. I then restarted Roon on my Windows 10 laptop. I then rebooted my Windows 10 Roon Core. All the extra BR Shield instances were gone, it was now listed before the LR Shield and I was able to select and use the LR Shield as a display.

If you have not done so you might want to restart your Roon Core and see if that helps.

Tim

1 Like

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

That did it! Thanks for the excellent help. :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working … Enjoy!

Tim