Nvidia Shield device listed in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS running on Core i7, 8GB RAM, Roon 1.7

Description Of Issue

My Mac Pro needed to be reimaged recently which made it necessary to reinstall Roon and it just so happened to coincide with the latest update. As I was enabling devices I noticed that my Nvidia Shield showed up in the list. Is this new? I’d thought in the past that Shield devices weren’t supported. If they are now, I think it’s great news!! So, my larger question is…how do I make use of this device? Are there instructions somewhere that I can refer to?? My Shield is connected via HDMI to a middle-end Onkyo Reciever. Thanks, in advance for your help.

@Frank_Cromer

My Shields show up as Other Network Devices on the Settings / Audio screen. If enabled I could stream audio to them using Chromecast streaming.

They also show up on the Settings / Displays screen so if enabled I could use them to display now playing information.

I don’t think there is a Roon client that can be downloaded and used to control Roon.

Tim

1 Like

And can play with gapless. I tried Chromecast Audio also, it can do gapless playback too.

But it’s a pity that Roon Remote doesn’t work on my Shield tablet :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.