Nvidia Shield TV with Roon Android app

Unfortunately this Apk is not suitable for the latest Nvidia Shield TV Pro. The app freezes and later on i have to give the device a hard reset.
It also does not auto size to the TV screen. The app “thinks” it is a smartphone.
Buttons are non clickable.

1 Like

I don’t think the Shields are officially supported. Some people have tinkered and gotten things to work.

I tried sideloading on a Fire TV years ago with the same results, although, I found I needed to connect a bluetooth keyboard to my Fire TV and I could then input and navigate. Still was locked into the phone UI though and I never tried to use it.

1 Like

Definitely something to be addresed by Roon. I compared Roon using google chromecast to NVIDIA Shield using Plex to play the same audio files. The NVIDIA with Plex was noticeably better…probably a much superior DAC in the NVIDIA

Uh, no. Your understanding is way off target. No Chromecast video dongle nor NVIDIA Shield TV has an audio DAC inside. Only digital audio output.

AJ

well…either way, the sound from the chromecast using roon vs Shield using Plex through the same HT receiver is much worse using chromecast