Occasional dropouts, very rare but always with 16/44.1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology DS920+
Roon version 1.8 (build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity Cable Modem → Google Wifi (mesh network) → Pi 4 (RoPieee)
The RoPieee endpoint is connected to a satellite NOT hardwired to the primary puck

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Wifi → Pi 4 → USB → Gustard X16 → XLR → Teac AX-505

Description Of Issue

Occasionally, there is a brief dropout (fraction of a second) in the middle of a track. This seems to happen only with 16/44.1 FLACs. I am not sure if this is a coincidence. About 50% of my tracks are 16/44.1.

On the other hand, this happens with both Qobuz and local tracks.

This happens less than once per day. So it is not easy to reproduce.

I tried to set the ALSA buffer size to 100 ms but that did not help.

The tested Wifi speed to the Pi is about 45Mbps.

Hi @Peter_Ho2 I’m not support but while you’re waiting it might be good to know what the other 50% of tracks are. I presume they’re higher bit rates, in which case the issue is unlikely network. I suspect that you know that’s the case but a bit more info would help.

Thanks!

My other tracks are mostly 24/96, a few are 24/192 and DSD64.

Hey @Peter_Ho2,

I want to begin by thanking you for your incredible patience. I am so sorry that we’ve taken this long to reply. We’re still working our way to get back to everyone who’s reached out in the past two weeks :pleading_face:

I’ve moved this thread into our technical team’s queue. In the meantime, in case you haven’t, could you please take a look at the article below - especially the part discussing mesh networks:

Thanks in advance :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.