Occasional loss of left channel when switching endpoints

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC/ROCK

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All hardware wired to common unmanaged switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn KDS/3 and Vitus RI-101 with streamer DAC

I have the above-mentioned streamers in my main listening room. In the last few weeks there have been two occasions when on switching the endpoint from Linn to Vitus via the Roon app on my iPad, playback starts on the Vitus with no left channel. Switching back to the Linn then back to the Vitus appears to fix it.

The Vitus streamer is in an “uncertified” Roon Ready endpoint that uses RAAT, but it’s always worked perfectly, and this seems to be new behaviour as I’ve been using Roon with the Vitus since late last year.

Next time this happens, is there a log I can pull from somewhere that might help with diagnostics? It’s happening only rarely, so hard to pin down a pattern. The Vitus has no issues via UPnP.

Hi @ACvitus,

Yes, you can access Roon logs by using these instructions. If the issue re-occurs, please note the exact local time + date of the issue, as well as which tracks were playing at the time and we can look over the logs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.