Occasional Qobuz login failed

Yep, but it’ll likely be a bit before I’ll have a chance to tinker with it. Work & other stuff interfering with my play time this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jasonheyd,

Can you try the following and let us know if it helps?

• Stop RoonServer on the Core machine
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Hi @dylan,

I shut the core down, moved the cache folder contents, and restarted. Also deleted the cache from my iPad, but the Qobuz login failed again at 12:45 PM ET.

Thanks for confirming that there is no change here, @jasonheyd. I’ve updated your ticket to confirm this for the team’s investigation.

Hi @dylan. Apologies for the delay. I finally got around to delaying the roon server startup by disabling auto-start and adding a scheduled task to start it 5 minutes after system start.

Delaying the start does appear to have resolved the Qobuz login issues. I’ve rebooted a couple of times now and have yet to receive the error message again.

Hi @dylan. Although this “resolved” the issue, is there a fix forthcoming for the root cause?

Hi @jasonheyd,

I checked our internal tracker and confirmed that the team is still investigating this. I don’t have any specific timeframes or updates I can provide at the moment, but I’ve requested another update from the team on this.

In the meantime, I’m glad to know that the current solution is working for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dylan. Bad news: The Qobuz login failure happened again this morning, despite the 5 minute delay that I added for the roon server start. I got the error around 6:44 AM ET.

Thanks for the update, and apologies for the continuing trouble.

I’ve updated the ticket to include this detail as well and I’ll be sure to follow up when the team provides feedback from their investigation.

Hi @jasonheyd,

I spoke with the team about the status of their investigation here. They were hoping you might be able to help us gather some additional information here. We were hoping you could do the following:

• Remove the 5 minute delay temporarily
  • Reproduce this issue 3 to 5 more times — make a note of the times that this occurs
  • Once we have the times we will enable diagnostics so the team can gather this data for their investigation

Thanks!

Thanks @dylan and yes, I can do that. I’ve actually got a NUC arriving today and will be migrating to that, but I’ll leave the core installed on the Windows 10 box for a while. I should be able to do some additional testing later this evening or tomorrow evening & will let you know the times once I do.

1 Like

Has anything happened further to resolve this ? My server rebooted (Mac mini) and qobuz did not login. Thanks

@James_Mauger I never actually got back to playing with this, sorry. I’ve switched my core over to the NUC and put roon Bridge on the PC, although I’ve still got the core sitting on the PC.

I’m completely slammed with work-related stuff at the moment but may be able to get back to it at some point, although I think the issue that I was experiencing was specific to Windows.

There were some roon issues with streaming services a few days ago. Maybe what you’re seeing is an artifact of those hiccups.

Thanks for that, figured it out this morning, I changed my WiFi network and somehow lost dns routing, all good now. Was only seeing cached local…