I’m currently running a trial periode with Roon. My core runs on a QNAP 453D with the following specs:
- Intel® Celeron® J4125 4-core/4-thread processor, burst up to 2.7 GHz
- Roon app + DB running on SDD drive on the NAS
- Music stored on a RAID 1 setup on the NAS using spinning discs
My network topology is as follows:
- NAS connects to switch 1 via a 1Gb wired connection
- Switch 2 connects to switch 1 via a 1 Gb wired connection
- Sonos Zone Player connects to switch 2 via a 100Mb wired connection
The Sonos Zone player is a Z90.
The stutter happens occasionally - both when streaming from Tidal or when playing music stored on the NAS itself. Yesterday evening i triggerede it by rapidly jumping 4 tracks back on an album, then I had 5-7 seconds of stutter in the beginning of the track.
I have never experienced this before I introduced Roon, where I simply used the Sonos apps to control playback from Tidal and my local music collection on the NAS. So this seems to be related to the interaction between sonos and Roon. Also obviously I didn’t have a Roon core running on the NAS, but it seems to work fine based on the resource monitor: cpu load not exceeding 10% and below 2BG of used memory.
Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of the stutter?