Odd behavior. DR does not show until a track is played

Ok guys, I need to clear few things to avoid misunderstanding - Roon doesn’t analyse tracks in an alphabetical or any other order, everything is happening randomly (this is to avoid getting stuck on the corrupted track). Whenever you change analysis settings for e.g. from ‘Throttled’ to ‘Fast (1 core)’ you restart the analysis process.

Roon has also a feature which is called On-Demand Audio Analysis. Idea of this feature is the following - if you start the playback of the track which isn’t analyzed, Roon will place it in the top of the list and will start the analysis immediately. So you could get the benefits of the volume leveling and the crossfade for a now playing track.

@tboooe, we’ve analyzed your logs and we aren’t seeing anything strange which can point us to any specific issue. So I want to reconfirm once more - are you sure that Roon has finished all the post-migration procedures ? I.e do you have a spinning circle in the top right corner ? Have you tried to restart the Core ? What happens when you turn off/on the Background Audio analysis ?

@Mark_Umstead - your analysis isn’t finished (10688 tracks to go), so it is an expected behavior not to have a DR for all your tracks.

Also take into the account that TIDAL tracks will not have a DR range because we can’t analyse them.

1 Like