SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi router switches and aps

Connected Audio Devices

N/a

Number of Tracks in Library

N/a

Description of Issue

Happy New Year @support. When using iOS remote and its been in the background for a while whilst an album plays, bring it back now playing is out of sync completely it starts stuck on the track when it went in to the background the UI then appears to ffwd through each track I can see the track timeline advancing and tracks changing as it reaches the end of each one until it catches up, it’s quite comical to see. It’s done this a number of times but not all the time. Never seen this behaviour on Android or windows. Currently on latest iOS 16.2. It’s very bizarre! Has this behaviour been reported before?

Yep. I’ve noticed this, also. Maybe a couple of times since the last release. Doesn’t really hurt anything; just weird.

Glad it’s not just me then It’s funny in all honesty but really should not be happening at all.

Me too. I figured it was a new feature, like your Roon life passing before your eyes. It’s just so odd that each Roon release feels like a beta.

1 Like

I’ve seen this as well, and it occasionally needs a restart instead.

Not AFAIK…

I guess they hoped to get away with this one, sneaked past all of those early accessors as well. Let’s hope it’s sorted soon as it’s pretty rubbish.

1 Like

@support some acknowledgment of this issue would be nice.

Brother, they’ve got bigger fish to fry than this pesky oddity. :wink:

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

We’re going to discuss this with our teams early next week. Can you get me a time stamp for an instance of this occurring?

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

Wes it’s random some times it just skips directly after a pause to what’s actually playing other times it does the comical ffwd mentioned. If it happens I’ll try and remember to post. But I am not the only one this happens to so must be reproducible your side.

While you’re at it, you could mention that the iOS app sometimes just hangs or outright crashes. Has been doing that for awhile.

1 Like

Yep can confirm that it’s annoying.

@Wes Also noticing this on now playing when have lyrics and its playing in realtime on windows 11. Significant delay in Roon changing now playing queue to whats actually playing whilst its open and showing lyrics often a very long delat and it misses lyrics.

This is definitely getting worse, much worse. Since the last update my iPad client gets stuck with startling regularity, even when open and playing. No “catch ups” or similar, just stuck thinking it’s playing a track from thirty minutes ago. Difficult to believe that this didn’t show in testing at Roon.

Edit Another (related?) issue is that it doesn’t always move from track to track, my iPad is currently “playing” the last second of a track forever and not moving to the next one. This is the third time I’ve seen this happen since the last update. Anecdotally, I feel it has got worse since I used my iPad as an endpoint briefly rather than as a control, but nothing more than a feeling.

Yep seeing the delay pretty much most of the time now.

Maybe reboot the iPad or close down some apps?

Of the problems I see on this thread, the only one I experience regularly is the app crashing.

Tried all that but the problem just comes back. It’s a pretty beefy iPad anyways, though not new…

Been there done that.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Both QA and the technical team are going to try to reproduce the issue and get back to you.

Thanks,
Wes

2 Likes

Thanks Wes hope they can get to the bottom of it.

1 Like