Odd message "Metadata Improver: Paused" [Resolved - processing ended on its own]

Roon Core Machine

Started mid-day after losing connection to remote Roon server, I think. Have rebooted the Nucleus numerous times as well as powering off the Nucleus and on. After restart it would seem that the app shows the server attempting to run - something spinning where the message in the upper right appears but eventually shows this message in the upper right of the screen.

I’ve never experienced this before. Also, from my iPad (I’m writing this from an iMac) I couldn’t successfully log into this Roon community page.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus wired to Uptone Audio etherREGEN switch to TP-Link mesh wifi access point

Number of Tracks in Library

68k tracks

Description of Issue

Metadata Improver: Paused
Rebooting or powering off the Nucleus does not fix this problem.

Try this:
Go to Settings
Disconnect your Core
Log out (top left on the screen)
Restart your Nucleus/ROCK from the GUI
Restart your Controller
If your license is granted to any other cores you will be asked to deauthorize the old Core. Do this…

Did this do the trick?

1 Like

As I expected it must have been something “upstream” of my system. Anything from some servers or network routing or who knows what. After the initial symptoms login failures persisted as well. By late evening the Metadata Improver message magically disappeared and I can log into the Roon site from all apps. Bizarre…

Not much to add here except to say I saw the same thing all day yesterday and it too didn’t resolve until this morning. Unfortunately this also impacted playing any radio streams via Roon; all radio was down for me, I had to resort to streaming via the web and distributing to AirPlay devices using Airfoil (great augment to Roon if you’re not familiar, use it all the time to stream Nugs).

Saw the meta failures on two cores and also noticed that I didn’t receive the “deauthorize” message when changing cores yesterday to test, so I assume it was something down on Roon’s end across the board?

Either that or some network troubles affecting only some hosts/networks…
Still, glad it’s working for you both again! :slight_smile:
Enjoy your tunes!

1 Like

There were some backend issues in the last 48 hours IIRC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there @stevebythebay and @rcrawley

Happy to hear that things are back to normal for you guys.

Props to you @Mikael_Ollars for the assist and @wizardofoz for always lending a hand. We appreciate your help, chaps!