Often Have to Reboot to get Internet Radio Stations or Stored Music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is Innuos Zenith Music Server using version 1.3.3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Zenith is connected to my NetGear router via Wireworld ethernet cable and NetGear powerline adaptor. Internet service is by Charter Cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Zenith connects by USB to Ayre Acoustics DAC, which connects to my preamp and power amp and 2-channel stereo loudspeakers.

Description Of Issue

Every couple of days, Roon says I have no internet radio stations and I have to reboot my iPad (version 12.1.4), which I normally use to control the Zenith, to get my stations back. Sometimes, rebooting my iPad doesn’t work and I have to reboot the Zenith. Also sometimes (but less often), Roon is unable to connect with my music library (stored in the SSD of the Zenith), and again I have to reboot.

Hi @Peter_Holmes,

We typically recommend against these kinds of powerline adapters, as mentioned in our Networking Guide. In the past we have seen these types of devices cause network instability, which can result in the type of behavior you’re seeing.

If possible, a great first troubleshooting step would be to connect the Core directly to the main router and see if that yields any different results. Knowing whether or not this behavior occurs in that configuration would be a great data point for understanding why you’re experiencing this issue.

Unfortunately a direct connection to the main router is not feasible since my Core and stereo system are in an entirely different room about 25’ away from the main router.

A long Ethernet cable is handy for such testing and emergency use. Investing in one (not expensive for 10m cat-6 cable) might be worth while.

Hi @Peter_Holmes,

While the results of that test would be a great data point, I understand that it might not be the an easy option here. As an alternative test, do you have a different machine that you could temporarily use as your Roon Core? Knowing whether the same behavior occurs in that configuration or if it’s limited to this specific Core machine would be another great data point for our troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.