Oh Dear, oh dear - Roon keeps losing the plot and pausing Tidal music

I have just installed 536. Fingers crossed !

Unfortunately it is just the same. I am regretting my lifetime subscription. Let me know if you need more diagnostics.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Sorry your instructions do not work. I think I will forget it and abandon Roon. At least Sonos works. I have wasted my subscription but there are worse things in life.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

What part of the instructions were you getting stuck on? Happy to help walk through anything that you’re having trouble with!

Let’s forget it Dylan. Roon is history for me.

Trying build 537: just the same: fell over in seconds on a Tidal album, music from the NAS no problem. I have re-signed to Tidal - no change. You may be right that this is a network problem, but let’s try Occam’s razor: there is a problem with your relationship with Tidal, not with my network which let me remind you worked fine a few days ago.

For what reason did you need to re-sign to Tidal? You’ll still be signed up to them even whilst using Roon.

If you cancelled your Tidal sub thinking it was included in Roon that’ll be the issue!

Tidal told me I had to sign in again. I did so but it made no difference to my problem. Right now I am listening to Tidal via Sonos - no problem - but I know if I switched to Roon the music would stop. It is a shame because I miss the Roon Radio feature that showed me all sorts of unusual, often crazy, connections to other music. However if Roon won’t work with my system so be it. You almost certainly are unaware of my history, but this very same problem hit me as soon as I started using Roon. The problem seemed to go away so I signed up for Lifetime - a mistake it seems.

To respond more directly: I did not cancel my Tidal subscription. I would have thought that if I did nothing would play at all, whereas my problem is that Roon will play Tidal for a minute or several and then stop. Typically it stops, waits, restarts, then stops for good.

In case, Danny, that you have not read the backstory it is that I have a multi-room Sonos system on which I can play music from my NAS or from Tidal via Sonos (as I am doing as I write) but Roon will only play reliably from NAS. Dylan was concentrating on my network but logically it is not my network but the Roon-Tidal relationship that is the problem

That, Jim. is a smug and unhelpful reply. Refer yourself to customer service. You might ponder why I am losing patience with Roon.

Well you might be right about geography. I am in France.

I have just done all that. Fingers crossed again.

Looks like Tidal autologin has a bug …

Then it is a Roon bug: Tidal plays fine via Sonos.

If the fault were affecting all or most users I might agree; but I think your problems predate the current slew of ‘Tidal login issues’ and, in any case, I think I’ve seen too many instances where it was a network problem (even though other services appeared to be fine) to dismiss it as a possible cause.

I’d persevere with the network diagnostics…

Did you succeed with the earlier suggestion to try Cloudflare or Google DNS?

Sorry I missed the Cloudflare/Google DNS suggestion.

I do hope I am not speaking too soon, but right now it seems to work fine.

2 Likes

I was speaking too soon, but today I think I have cracked it. I disabled Tidal in Roon then signed out of Tidal, re-signed, re-enabled. Let’s hope ! Presumably you Roon engineers are aware of the increased importance of music in these difficult times.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

I’d be happy to have the team take a look at the logs if you can send them over! Is there any part in particular that you’re stuck on?