On Roon app startup always shows update available

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+

Remote:
Win10 OS Build 19041.450
Roon Application 1.7 build 610 64bit (Win)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus GT-AX11000 connected to Nucleus+ via Cat6e

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Matrix Audio Element X via Ethernet

Description Of Issue
Every time I start the Roon application it shows the updates available popup. If I click on details or update it will download something for the Nucleus+ and then display “Click Here To Relaunch”.

If I click relaunch or if I go to the webUI and restart the Roon server software it comes back up. Both the application and webUI show the software as Version 1.7 (build 610) stable.

Now if I close the application and restart, it will show the same updates available and if I click details, click to update, or look at it in settings it will download something again and show to restart.

I have rebooted the Nucleus+ via webUI, restarted the Roon software via webUI, and relaunched via the Roon Application on Mac/Win/iOS and it always has the same message and behavior.

I have been just closing the notification but if I go into setting it will start to download which is a pain and I’m sure not normal.

Hi @Matthew_Beckstrom,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > About?

roon-update-startup

I also noticed just now that after the download finishes if I look at the about screen after it has finished and leave to another view but keep application running and then go back to the about it downloads again. So I don’t need to quit the Roon application for it to download again.

Try rebooting the Nucleus+ by doing a power button reset (hold in the power button on the Nucleus+ itself for more than 5 seconds to shut it down and then briefly pressing it again to boot the Nucleus+ up). I’ve found that sometimes the Web UI lies - it says it has rebooted the Nucleus or ROCK/NUC, and yet it hasn’t.

That seems to have worked.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.