On roon start up have to answer questions like add your music add a music service set up your audio devices everytime roon starts up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 latest build 20H2 19042.804 16GB RAM Roon 1.8 (build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sonicwall firewall using ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audioquest dragonfly cobalt

Description Of Issue

when roon starts up it stops at a screen to ask to add your music then another add a music service then to finish, setup your audio devices, this has only started happening since 1.8 upgrade. it used to just login and start up, its doing this across all my device’s which luckily I have teamviewer access to pc’s setup as remotes for living room etc. but it is frustrating, its also doing it on my IOS phone any help would be greatly appreciated. I also do love the software and being an IT consultant understand your frustrations but you are doing a great job, the fact your fixing and improving as you go along will only mean an even more amazing product.

Have you rebooted the core PC

Also there is a Windows update lurking ?

Hi Mike
All windows updates are installed, the core is my main PC so is shut down every night, I even just downloaded the latest Roon build and reinstalled, see attachments as to what’s coming up every time I start up.

That is strange , you need to flag @Support , to get some help

The Windows reference was that there is a new update coming today , my wife’s PC prompted her last night, mine hasn’t yet mayb alphabetic she is an A

Hello @Jerome_Newman ,

Do you have any kind of “Deep Freeze” capabilities enabled on the Core or are you running the Core in some kind of VM Container? If you click through the menu, do you see your Roon library as expected with previously added tracks/content?

The only thing I can think of is an encryption software that was put on a coupe of weeks ago that I am trialling for my clients but was working fine with previous version of Roon

Hi @Jerome_Newman ,

Was there any change in behavior by disabling the encryption software?

Hi Noris
No there was no change.

Thanks for confirming, @Jerome_Newman.

It’s hard to say for sure what the root cause is, but typically when something like this occurs it is because the database location is not persistent and is being wiped by some application / automated function. The Roon directory needs to be persistent or else this type of issue can arise.

Is there anything that could be modifying / wiping the Roon directory on your setup?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.