On startup: Album unavailable. Check your Internet connection or your streaming services settings

1. View an album available in Tidal
  2. Quit Roon
  3. Start Roon
  4. Roon starts up with a blank view with text “Album unavailable. Check your Internet connection or your streaming services settings.”

The album is available, Tidal account is fine and connection is fine. Is there a way to export debug logs so that Roon developers can investigate the issue?

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Was this issue solved? I have the same problem when I start up Roon on PC

Its not so fun. I ordered a NuC for Roon Rock and am planning to get a year subscription after the trail. But it bugs me a bit this isn’t working correctly

Hi @support, the issue is still open.

Describe The Issue

• What’s not working
    Roon gives message “Album unavailable. Check your Internet connection or your streaming services settings.”

• How often the issue occurs
    Every time I start the app. The previous song playing was an MQB song. If I press Play, it skips MQA songs in the queue until it finds a normal song and starts playing it successfully.

Describe Your Setup

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    -macOS Big Sur Version 11.1, the issue was also in previous major version of macOS
    -MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    -Wired Internet connection that has no issues with other apps
    -Roon Version 1.7 (build 710) stable, “You have the latest version installed”

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    -No Remote

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    -Wired Internet connection, no issues

• Audio devices in use
    -Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP), MQA Renderer Only, Fixed Volume

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    -Using Tidal

Hi,

For me, the issue is solved. Cost me a lot of money :slight_smile: But even in my trial version I choose to and buy a NuC. Running Roon Rock now for 1 day and it did not happen anymore. But a very rigorous method to solve a problem.

Happily streaming 2 streams now. 1 to my Sim audio moon 280D and 1 to my desktop Aune S6 pro dac converting to dsd256 for my headphone.

Thanks for the help cough

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.