One computer running Roon Bridge can't connect to Roon Core

Hi @Will_Pisula ----- Thank you for your continued feedback, and more importantly, your patience while we have been looking into this behavior for you.

I took a look at the provided screenshot of your “about” tab and I am noticing that RoonBridge is not appearing in this section of the application.

Yours:

Mine:

Being as you are not seeing the other MBP (“office”) in the “network” section of the audio tab and we are not seeing RoonBridge under the about section, this would point to one of the following: some kind of network related issue OR RoonBridge is not “running”. I put running in quotes because in one of your previous posts you had mentioned that in the task bar RoonBridge has a “Running” status.

Moving forward, to me this feels like RAATServer is being blocked somewhere in the communication between the bedroom MBP and the office MBP. The reason I say this is because of the above (i.e RB not showing up in about) and also you made the following observation during your troubleshooting:

“I don’t have Core installed on the office MBP anymore, but when I did, the bedroom MBP never populated under settings to be enabled. All of my other devices running Roon in the house did show up on the Office MBP however.”

Is it possible that you have an active firewall somewhere OR perhaps you did not create a security exceptions for all instances of “Roon” and “RAATServer”?

-Eric