Only Airplay on Yamaha WXC-50?

Thanks anyway Edmund. Very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, please excuse me for my ignorance on these matters. It seems I understand less than I thoughtI did.

This thread is a bit confusing as it is not always clear which posts is a reply to which.

As far as I can understand two options have been mentioned that seem to be possible solutions.

Hifiberry which needs to have a direct connection to the Yamaha by spdif.

Sonore upnpbridge. As I understand it, but please correct me if I’m wrong, you just plug this into the network, install it and it is recognized as a device on my network that can be used by the yamaha and at the same time hides the yamaha from roon.
No direct connection needed between the bridge and the yamaha.
Or, the bridge sits between the accesspoint and the yamaha. If it is one of those then it could be the solution. Or, I understand even less and it’s neither of those.

Hi Erick, you are correct. The UPnP Bridge needs no direct input to the WXC-50. Just a port on your network. But you need to see if your kit is on the list of gear it is known to work ok with. Try to secure a trial or return deal or get one second hand. The Hifiberry will work up to the limitations of the input chosen so it might be the safer choice. But then your streamer is just a DAC with an unused network port.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.