Open GL3.0 message Roon will not start anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Lenovo T410 laptop - Windows 7 64bit - i5 Intel dual core processor.
iPad Mini used as the Roon Remote.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Laptop has an Ethernet 7 cable connection direct to the Router and the remote is wifi connection.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Roon has been working fine up until very recently and since there was an upgrade.

All networking equipment is fine and Tidal alone runs on the laptop and streams music through to the audio system at the highest quality level (Roon not required to do this).

Upon trying to start Roon a small window appears Open GL3.0 required Contact Intel Vendor to update graphic drivers. I have done this and have the latest drivers installed but there is still a problem.

I’ve been advised that the laptop isn’t too old, Windows version should be ok (just as well as I don’t want Windows 10). To do any further updating of my drivers appears to be difficult or no longer available; not sure what to do now.

It’s possible I could run Roon Core on my desktop computer but that is located in a different room to the audio system and hence where the remote Roon will be operating.

Advice please.
Gary

Hi @Gary_Marsh,

Looking at the specs for this device, it might have either Intel HD Graphics or 256MB NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS3100M. Can you confirm which GPU your device is using?

You can find this by going to System Information > Components > Display as seen below:

Intel HD Graphics.

However, I’ve now solved this issue by going over to Roon Server so that there is no need for full Roon to run on this laptop and it works much better, so far.

Any more info though could be useful.

Thanks, Gary

The integrated graphics adapter seems to not support OpenGL 3.0. See here.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.