Opening the Roon Native App from Crestron

Does anybody have a crestron sample program that allows me to initiate the Roon native app from the Crestron app along with the much needed return button to get back to the Crestron App. This is new to me. I would like to push the roon app from vt-pro versus simpl Windows @SteveSilberman @support

Hello @Lou_Santello,

We have not yet implemented a way to hotlink a jump to the native app but you can manually create a link using these instructions for your iPad/iPhone Roon Remote:

1 - Right-click on the desired Crestron App symbol in Program View in SIMPL. 
2 - Click "Insert Device Extender" and select "Crestron App Functions". An extra slot will appear beneath the Crestron App symbol. 
3 - Add the URL path of the Roon App (Roon://) to be tied to the "URL Path" serial join of the Crestron App Functions device extender. I would use a Serial Send to set the "URL Path" to that string and then also attach that "URL Path" variable to a Make String Permanent Logic Symbol.
4 - Pulse the "Open URL" digital join to open this path, optionally tie the "Open URL" digital join to a button in VT-Pro. If your path is valid and the associated App is installed, this will launch the Roon App. 

I can send you a sample program that has these capabilities shortly but that’s the general overview of how to hotlink to other apps on iPad/iPhone.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Lou_Santello,

I have just PM’d you a link to the sample project that demonstrates the hotlinking ability. Please let me know if you are having any difficulties getting the project working or if everything works as expected.

Thanks,
Noris

OK thanks… This worked

Hello @Lou_Santello,

Glad to hear that this solution has worked for you! If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris, will you please share the sample file with me?