Oppo 203 - Audio Distribution - Blue Flag [Resolved]

Does anyone know why I’m getting this Audio distribution blue flag with my Oppo 203 when using an ethernet connection? I get a purple flag when using HDMI from my Nucleus. I suspect it’s a setting in my Oppo that Roon is interpreting as a signal modification, but I don’t know what it is. It’s not a big deal, but I know some previous posters were able to resolve it, but I’m not sure how. I really don’t want to do a factory reset of the Oppo. Thanks.

Well, actually, I don’t even see the Audio distribution when using HDMI.

1 Like

Take a look at this thread.

Thanks Martin. I read that, but didn’t really understand it. Some people were able to resolve this with a factory reset, I think. That tells me, the factory reset actually changed a setting within the Oppo. If I knew what that was, I could resolve this without messing up all my video settings, etc.

I do have a pair of Sennheiser headphones plugged into the left and right RCA outs. Maybe I could unplug those to see if that makes a difference. My main sound output is HDMI out of the Oppo.

Unplugging the Sennheiser headphones made no difference. I can’t find a setting within the Oppo to turn off any outputs. The outputs are the same with ethernet and HDMI in as far as I know. I guess I should stop worrying about this because I can hear no difference in the ethernet vs HDMI connection to my Nucleus.

So, if anyone has actually resolved this, please let me know. Thanks.

I don’t think this is a problem. My interpretation is that the Oppo is distributing the signal received via Ethernet to all its outputs.

1 Like

I think that’s exactly right. However, some other people with ethernet connection are not seeing this. There is something in my settings that is different, I think. I should forget it, but it’s annoying me for some reason.

Good news, I fixed it. I wrote down all the Oppo settings and did a factory reset. The reset changed 7 of my settings. I’ll leave them as they are now unless I detect a reason to change them.

1 Like