Original Album / Original Release Date

Thanks for your replies here and here.

Hi, @Martin_Schneider , @inonio , thank you for your reports, we have an open ticket about this issue. – Ivan

I didn’t think that the track recording date was ever displayed on the album view in Roon (under the track), only in the track editor.

• I thought I could force the issue and it seemed that “Original Release Date” is the most logical in that was the date the original track was released, and repackaged as part of the compilation. I realized later that that was limited to the album.

These issues are connected to an older topic you made, did you see my reply? I’m afriad you are faced with limitations on what you want to achieve in Roon

• Yes, and I spent some time reviewing both and found the File Tag Best Practice especially useful, and perhaps that got me going off on the tangent I was pursuing today.

From File Tag Best Practice:

That was when I thought the ORIGINALRELEASEDATE would be the perfect spot the tracks found within complications, but the above image is pre-1.8. Even for my intent to make that work, I see now that it might not map even in the earlier Roon version.

Thanks for the gudiance.

1 Like