Overnight 4/23 nucleus can no longer connect with any remotes

Do you think I should try resetting the database?

Sorry, what do you mean by this? Your local (home) network should have a single subnet - a contiguous range of IP addresses that your router assigns to connected devices, whether they are connected by wired ethernet or wifi. So any device with a web browser should be able to access the Web Administration page of the Nucleus.

There is now roughly an eight hour diff between the run time of the system software and the server software.

This could mean that the Roon Server is restarting itself - and it should not do this. Check the times again - if it has restarted in the meantime, the time difference will be greater.

Do you think I should try resetting the database?

No, but if the Roon Server is restarting of its own accord, then try the steps for Nucleus in this help article (you should have a backup available, or you will be starting with a fresh version of your database):

Yes I realize it is inconsistent. Often but not always when I use a browser connected by Wi-Fi I get a message that says Safari cannot connect to the server. That never seems to happen if I use the Ethernet connection.

Now weirder things are happening when I try to connect. The remote sees the nucleus. When I touch the connect button I get the sign on page. If I sign on Iā€™m told that Iā€™m already signed in and need to go back creating a loop!

Possible that your network is misconfigured. You should not be seeing any difference between wifi and wired in connectivity. Can you give details of your network hardware and configuration? This will help Support diagnose your issue further.

I have 4mo old nucleus that is connected to a Benchmark dac via usb and several iFi DACs via blue tooth. Comcast network.

After the update on Friday, all four of my Apple remotes fail to connect to the nucleus. The library has about 2500 albums a little under half ripped to the internal drive

Now when I try to connect the remote sees the nucleus get the green dot and ready button then when I touch it I am shuttled to the sign on page. If I sign on I am told I am already signed in and need to go back. If I do that I am in a loop.

@James_Ward - Iā€™ve moved your post into your existing Support thread - letā€™s keep everything in the one place pleaseā€¦

Did you all try rebooting your server/system?
I had a similar thing with my D&D 8cā€™s, they would not find rooncore after 933 update. A simple reboot of the speakers solved it. (not just standby BTW but on/off)

Thanks CK yes rebooted the server. Rebooted everything. Seems everything is working as it should exceptā€¦

Iā€™m now in this loop when I try to connect.

It gives me the option of deauthorizing the nucleus. I guess that would get me out of the loop Iā€™m in. Guess I could always reauthorize right?

Yes. You can deauthorize and then re-authorize.

Connected now. Everything seems to be pretty much back to normal except the presence of a persistent spinner at the top right of the page and a few missing images. Thanks to all and those working behind the scenes!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.