Overview Requests

I’m not sure I’d want that, for me the overview is about my collection, not what’s happing in Tidal.

Carl, completely agree with you.

Russ

OK - I was thinking that it would compliment my collection so if a new track by X was released and they were one of my hot bands, I could add it to my collection. From what I’ve heard about the Tidal/Roon interface, it would be very easy to blur your owned collection V your subscribed collection. My children haven’t bought music for years and only use streaming services. It may be a while off but I would imagine that the subscription model will be the normal way of building up a collection of music for a lot of younger people. I can’t see myself purchasing downloads or CDs if they are available on Tidal. (Why would I?)

2 Likes

I prefer to own rather than rent the majority of my library, but I am old and set in my ways.

Russ

I’m trying not to go too off topic here, but assuming the swim feature is still available, would you want to have the option to include similar music that is on Tidal but not in your owned collection or would you only ever want to swim in the music that you owned? I’m thinking about the positive feedback people provided when they first went to Sooloos and how it allowed them to rediscover their music. I would see discovering music as just as beneficial.

@Ratbert - Should I presume that you don’t use Tidal and therefore any Tidal feature is not of interest to you?

1 Like

Currently correct

We have our own radio seeded from your library, and not the Sooloos swim feature.

It’s much cooler than swim was… try it out by hitting play on any artist/album/track/work/composer/etc and picking the radio paw masher (the big black circles screen).

Looking forward to the release so that I can try this out! Will it incorporate Tidal?

It sure will!!

I agree with the suggestin to be more efficient with vertical screen use.

I also prefer to keep the collection info related to local rather than include Tidal.

I would like to see a separate Tidal page though. In the menu along with album, artist etc so that I can just poke around Tidal from within Roon. Getting into Tidal content feels a bit buried via search by comparison.

@ncpl Suggest you look at the last option in the menu, under “Browse” :wink:

1 Like

What a plonka ?!? Thanks

1 Like

At present it doesn’t really serve any useful purpose because our can’t be clicked through and you and up going to the sidebar so @Ronnie has a good idea re making the elements clickable.

Another thing that may be useful is Roon (optionally) opening up on a randomly chosen artist’s biography when launched.

Perhaps a list new releases from favorited artists?

Featured artist/composer is kinda that, no? Not exactly opening up, but still pretty large on the overview.

I’d move all the library stats to the bottom of the screen, have the last played album on top followed by recently added, featured artist, genre and composer.

BTW, clicking Dismiss on the get the most our of Roon window opens a browser rather than dismisses the component.

Why not let the user customise the overview page?

Let me select which panes I want to show / hide and in which order I want them.

Personally I would only like to see the summary line (# albums, # tracks,…), “Recently Played”, “Recently Added” and since Roon is in its startup phase I would also like to see a pane with the latest (or unread) forum posts. Probably annoying for many but if you can hide/disable it, why not let some of us have it?

1 Like

Hi. I agree with his proposition sent at June’15. I believe nothing happened since.
I think it would be normal to let the user completely customize Overview (like Home in Plex for example). Is this something the developers defenitely abandoned?

I like the idea of a Plex style choice. Recently added, recently played, recommendations of albums from similar artists played, hires, etc. playing an album should have a playhistory so you can pick it up again at the same/next track if it’s been cleared from now playing.

Yes. It should be completely customizable which would make it even better than Plex.
For example, pinning some views in Tidal and Qobuz (eg new Jazz releases) directly in Overview.
In other words, making bookmarked views directly accessible in Overview

2 Likes

Yep that would be awesome.

1 Like