Parametric EQ possible when Linn zones are grouped?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
Hi there,

I’ve just had the pleasure of adding a ‘house curve’ to my signal path via the parametric EQ in DSP. Enjoying the results! What I noticed though is that when I group zones the DSP seems to stop being active (signal path goes from blue to purple), even though the EQ appears to be switched on. I’m not very technical so it’s entirely possible I’ve missed something simple. Any ideas? Would be lovely to have all my zones playing with their various curves.

Many thanks!

Hi @Josh_Raymond,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when the zones are grouped? You can upload screenshots to this site by following these instructions. Also, what kind of devices are you grouping here, can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of the DACs and how they are connected (Ethernet/USB/Airplay/ect.)?

Hi Noris,

Thanks for the reply. When the zone is playing on its own the signal path looks like this:

As soon as I group it with another zone it turns to this

I am grouping Linn digital streamers, each connected to my home network via ethernet.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Click on the bathroom at the bottom and that gives individual options.

Thanks Henry, but I’ve tried that. The DSP screen comes up and shows the EQ being on, but it isn’t. Signal path is purple, and adjusting that screen with zones grouped makes no difference to the sound.

Hi @Josh_Raymond,

I just reached out to our hardware team regarding this issue and they have informed me that when you group Linn zones via Roon, DSP is not supported since Linn uses a separate protocol for communication. I wish I had better news for you here, but this appears to be expected behavior.

Ah no worries. Not like it sounds bad without the EQ, and proper listening is with them ungrouped anyway…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.