Mac Mini M1 8G 256G SSD Monterey

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cat 5 wired. NAS synology

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge CXN v2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Newbie questions.

1. Is there a way to reset an EQ Band to default? What if I’ve played around with one and I don’t like the results?
  2. What is Q (other than a great Star Trek character)?

Thanks!

Not sure I get the question about resetting EQ. But I think the answer is that you can remove/delete any particular operation in the sequence, or remove the sequence altogether, or disable it and/or all eq/dsp processing,

Q refers to the “width” and curve of the effect around the specified frequency. You can experiment with changes to Q and observe the effect in the graphical depiction.

It may help to read the documentation:

1. Use the SAVE/LOAD EQ functionality to easily return to a previously saved state.
    grafik
  2. My top result when asking Google:
    grafik

I read the documentation before I posted here. I didn’t see answers to either question.

When I referred to resetting the EQ to its “default” state, what I meant was before it was activated. If I change the settings say, to the high pass filter, and forget what they were originally, turning it off and then on again, won’t reset it to its “default.”

In which case, I think I either have to save the default as a named filter or, alternatively, as @skbubba suggested, remove/delete the filter and then add it back. Both of those solutions seem more complicated than necessary: why not just have a “reset to default” button?

Post that as a feature suggestion.

Will do. Thanks!

Hello! Another newbie here. I’m having difficulty making manual adjustments using the parametric eq. The options that it gives me are all different colors labelled “bands,” and I seem to only be able to do one thing (or color dot) at a time. I can’t seem to be able to bring up the multiple search boxes for different frequencies. I would like to create a small lower end shelf and also (for the same eq adjustment) create a small curve around the 1K-8K area, as I have some mild hearing loss that makes it difficult to discern consonants in the vocals. But the way I’m seeing it, the eq options will only do one thing (a purple dot on a moveable low end shelf) or the other (a yellow dot that I moved and adjusted for the higher end peak). How do I make two adjustments at once in the same eq setting? Or am I mistaken, and is every color dot I see on the graph actually working simultaneously? The reason I ask is that, when I open DSP during a song, the parametric eq only shows me one color band. That tells me that only one adjustment is able to work at a time. I hope this question makes sense.

The band’s can be enabled or disabled. You may have multiple bands working at the simultaneously…

Okay,
So when I see a few dots of different colors that I have moved on the eq graph, they are all working simultaneously? Because when I click on one of them they enlarge and it looks as if only the selected dot is functioning until I select another one, while the unselected dots of other colors are null at that point. I know this is probably a problem with my understanding of how this works.

They all work together simultaneously. At the bottom left of the graph display you will see a dropdown with band 1, band 2, etc. Select each band to set the eq type and adjust its parameters. Click + on the dropdown menu to add more bands. Once set, output will have the combined effect of all the bands. (Unless some are individually disabled.)

Ps. When you first create the eq filter, it has five preset bands of varying types set to 0db (no adjustment) per band as a starting template. I was confused by this at first. I find it simpler to delete them all and just add the specific bands and settings I want. Click on the three dots next to a band to find the remove option.

1 Like

That was very helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.