Partial Import of Music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10/i7 9700/ Roon 1.7 Build 511 Stable 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mesh Gear 1Gb mesh network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Matrix Audio Element H USB Audio Card/ Auralic Vega G1
Description Of Issue

Only a portion of my music collection has been imported 11,111 tracks out of 13288 tracks available
A portion of tracks are listed in FLAC format and a portion are listed in APE format. Roon seems to have imported some of both types. The missing files do not show up in the skipped files listing.

Hi @John_Harvell,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Hi Dylan,

I suspect that some of them are APE style files which appear not to be supported by ROON.
If that is the case, I assume that I will be required to convert those files from APE format to FLAC format.
I have about 980 tracks that fall into this category.

I did look at a few of the files that showed up in the skipped files area.
Roon indicated that those files were corrupted. However, they do play fine on JRiver MC25 and Groove music.
One of the albums that fell into this group was “Junior Wells with Guest Slide Guitarists\Come on in This House”.
I did notice though that the album subdirectory for this file was Identified as “Come on in This Hous E” instead of “Come on in This House”.
I’m not sure if this would create a problem with the import.

I think there are other tracks that I am still missing, however, it is a real pain trying to find them when they are not listed in the skipped file listing.
None of the APE file were captured in that listing. I’m just not sure what else is missing.

I have 13288 tracks in the music folder I’m importing… of those Roon appears to have properly imported 11,111 tracks.
I have 980 tracks that are in APE format. Which brings me to 12091 files accounted for.
In the skipped file listing, listed as corrupted are less than 100 tracks…
That leave approx. 1100 tracks that are still unaccounted for?

Regards,
John

Hi @John_Harvell,

Yes, these are not a supported format so you’ll want to convert those to a format that are supported.

Sometimes this can be caused by issues in the header info on these files. Some other players might ignore this header data, but Roon does not. You might try “converting” these files (if they’re FLAC, you can convert from FLAC to FLAC using a tool like dbPoweramp) and it will typically fix the header information. It might be worth trying this for a couple of the files to see if this helps.

It’s hard to say for sure what the reason for this might be without more information about these files. As noted above, there are various reasons that may prevent files from being imported, so we will need to take a closer look at an example file to better understand what that might be.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.