Partly loaded album covers [Resolved]

I am loading my album collection on to Roon via an Innuos mini II. Four of the cover artworks only seem to partially load with just a stripe of the picture being visible and the rest grayed out. Trying to edit the album, finding a new artwork via Roon and saving it makes no difference. The greying out of most of the image persists. Any ideas?

Moving to the main Support forum.

Hi @Mike_Bizon ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this issue you are experiencing may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please provide a screenshot highlighting the issue in Roon.

• Can you please provide us with one of the albums that is experiencing this behavior via a shared dropbox link in a PM addressed to me.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

My files are all on a Innuos Zen Mini 2 (2 Tb size disk)which I use as a NAS. Currently only 6% filled.
ROON is monitored from my PC running Windows 10 (64 bit) 8gb ram
ROON Version 1.4 (build 300) stable (64bit)
Ethernet connection NAS to PC via home network.

See attached screen shots of all 4 albums with the problem. There is a bit of the cover visible on each and the rest is greyed out. Editing each album cover via ROON seems to be ok until I hit the save button and it reverts to what you see on the screenshots. This is only a problem in 4 out of 288 albums.

Many thanks for your help,

Mike

Thanks for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions, very appreciated @Mike_Bizon!

As mentioned in my previous, would it be possible for you to send us over a copy of one of these albums you are noticing this behavior with for analysis?

-Eric

Have sent dropbox link to contact@roonlabs.com. Hope this works as have never use dropbox before. CD is “This machine”.

Thanks for the follow up @Mike_Bizon, confirming that I have received the content and have placed it in our queue for our evaluation/analysis.

I will be sure to update with the results of our testing :microscope:

-Eric

Hi @Mike_Bizon ----- Thank you for your patience while we have been looking into this behavior for you.

I wanted to touch base because I have been able to reproduce the behavior you are noting when importing the album into Roon:

However, if I go to “edit album” and have Roon handle the “album artwork” I am having no issues:

28 PM

Just to re-confirm, if you perform the same action (i.e choosing the album artwork in Roon) you still only get a partial cover, correct?

-Eric

Thanks Eric, looks like I was not choosing the album artwork from Roon in edit. Following your steps above the full cover is now downloaded and saved in Roon. Before it was only a partial cover. So I’m sorted. Many thanks for your help, Mike

1 Like