Password not working on second machine (ref#6IIFDE)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

Password works on one machine but not another

Roon Core Platform

Windows

Roon Core Specifications

Windows 10, up to date software, 32 gb memory

Connected Audio Devices

Trinnov Altitude 16

Home Network Details

Netgear

A bit more information might be helpful.

Everything has been functioning in Roon on my Windows 10 computer until I got the brilliant idea of setting up Roon.exe to run when the computer booted up. I went through the overly complicated Windows 10 instructions of doing that, dragged roon.exe to the startup without touching a single key on the keyboard in so doing, and Voila! Roon.exe disappeared from my computer. How, I have no idea.

I re-installed Roon, which restored roon.exe. I attempted to log in but got an error message telling me I needed to key a correct password, which I was sure I had. Nonetheless, I went through the change password procedure using my main computer (Windows 11 where Roon is not installed), which apparently worked as I was able to log into the Roon web site on both machines. I cannot, however, log into the Roon app on the music machine. Is the password for the app not the same as the web site?

Hi Dennis, sorry to hear that you are having problems, sadly I have little to no experience with Windows and therefore won’t be much help.

But hopefully with the extra information that you provided someone should be along soon who can offer some help.

My only comment would be that I would expect the password to be the same in all circumstances.

Sorry to have sent that to another Roon user. This community thing is not my cup of tea. I would much rather that problems went directly to the Roon support staff.

Everything has been functioning in Roon on my Windows 10 computer until I got the brilliant idea of setting up Roon.exe to run when the computer booted up. I went through the overly complicated Windows 10 instructions of doing that, dragged roon.exe to the startup without touching a single key on the keyboard in so doing, and Voila! Roon.exe disappeared from my computer. How, I have no idea why.

I re-installed Roon, which restored roon.exe. I attempted to log in but get an error message telling me I need to key a correct password, which I was sure I had. Nonetheless, I went through the change password procedure using my main computer (Windows 11 where Roon is not installed), which apparently worked as I am able to log into the Roon web site on both machines. I cannot, however, log into the Roon app on the music machine. Is the password for the app not the same as the web site?

Let’s keep everything in one thread, it’s much easier to manage this way.
Thank you.

I have been unable to use Roon for a week. Would someone from Roon please respond to my problem?

did you remove roon.exe from the startup folder?

No. Frankly, I’m afraid to touch the thing. I accessed the startup via task manager and found Roon. Should I delete it? The Roon signon screen comes up, but it will not accept my password even though I can log into the web site using that password.

Hi @Dennis_Brandt,
Thanks for your patience while we worked through the queue. A look over your account details shows that you have duplicated your core on your Windows 10 machine. One core is running legacy Roon and the other is running Roon 2.0. Is your intention to continue running legacy Roon or would you like to update to 2.0? The instructions for resolving your issue will be different depending on what you decide.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.