Roon Roch ist installed on Nuc8 i3 Works properly. Is starting

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Switch is working poperly

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Akurate dsm works with the LinnKazoo properly

Library Size

1500 titels

Description of Issue

Within the last 3 days. Report Roon can,t get to the Database. Icant see the folder the Music everything. I deleted the apps and made an new installation. Than i can see the Roon Rock. But after starting the device. Failure Database.
I,m really disapointed.
What can i do

Hello @Helmut_Karsch,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble :pensive:

If I understand correctly, you’ve installed Roon fresh on ROCK but, when trying to restore a backup you get an error message?

Based on what you’re saying, it’s very likely that the specific backup you’re trying to restore is corrupted. Do you have another backup you could try? That would be one way to restore your data.

:pray:

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 8i3 16GB RAM

Fritzbox 7590 netgear gs 108. Lan connection

1500 titels

Description of Issue

ROCK works properly. ROCK is build up in the network. When try to connect with App failure no connection to database. I’m using Samsung Tablet A. The same failure is by using smartphone Huawei p20 pro or a Windows 10 PC. 5 days ago everything was fine. What’s going on? I don’t know.

Roon Core Machine

Roon Rock Intel 8i3
16GB Ram

Netgear Switch 108 GS Lan connection
Router AVM fritzbox 7590

Connected Audio Devices

Linn akurate DSM/3

Library Size

1500Titels

Description of Issue

Can,t start roon with remote App

Database seems Ok
As screenshot no connection. Roon rock is recognized in my network

Hello @Helmut_Karsch,

Based on your latest screenshots, it’s very likely that your database is corrupted… :sweat: This type of error is extremely rare for us as our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

You can use these instructions to set up Roon fresh:

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • (Optional) - Restore your database from a Backup prior to the issue starting

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored. If you do not have any backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.

:pray:

Dear Rebeka,
Thanks for your advice. After renaming the folder and generating a New Roon data base folder i,m back to life.
Thank,s a lot :grinning:3

1 Like

Thanks this much for trying :pray:! We’re delighted and thanks for letting us know :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.