Path to play music from a local library not working

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core installed on a Macbook Pro i7 quad 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM DDR3, macOS Monterey. Roon Core got the latest update

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Home network based on 3 Apple AirPort Extreme. 5GHz transmission. Music library in HDD that is connected to an AirPort via USB

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert 120 wired via Ethernet to the same AirPort connected to the HDD

Number of Tracks in Library

~19k tracks in the music library

Description of Issue

Posting here a topic I originally opened in the software session.

I installed Roon Core on my personal laptop as of above in the Summer, successfully linking my music library that is stored in an external HDD that is USB connected to an Apple AirPort Extreme. I was not happy during my trial, so I stopped it.

Few weeks ago, I decided to give Roon a second chance due to a promotion.
Since then, I was not able to have Core recognizing the HDD.
The path is there, I tried to cancel it and re-instate it, but all the attempts were unsuccessful.
This is what Roon shows:

This is the error message that Roon shows when I try to edit the path:

This is the path as it shows from Finder:

The same path is working flawlessly via a Bluesound Node 2i and used to work with Roon in the Summer.
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a permissions or firewall issue on the Mac? Have you followed the guide and ensured File Sharing is turned on for that folder? Delete and recreate the link in Roon after checking permissions.

Why is there no Username and Password filled in the relevant fields in the “Add network share” screen? I think these will be required.

Thanks for your replies.
Unfortunately this seems a bug I cannot get rid of :disappointed:

New error this afternoon:

Well, the “Unexpected Error” that you previously had was probably because you had not filled in your Username and Password.

Now, the “Unauthorized” error is clearly a permissions problem. That is probably being caused by either (a) you’ve provided an incorrect Username and/or Password, or (b) the Network Share on your Airport is no longer valid - try re-creating it and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.