Pause and interruptions in playback

I looked this up and it appears to have a Pentium N3710 – let me know if that’s not correct.

This CPU is significantly slower than what we recommend for Roon. While you might have decent performance with a small library (say 8-12k tracks), for me personally I like everything to be nice and snappy as I’m searching and browsing, and if I owned that NAS with a small collection, I might end up purchasing an i3 NUC anyway.

For a 200,000 track collection, you’re really going to want a more powerful processor running your Core. As described in the dropouts article I linked above, running a large library on a device that’s well below our recommendations can lead to performance issues with browsing, or to audio dropouts.

It’s important to understand why Roon requires a much more powerful Core than most media players. You can find information about this here, but let me know if you have any questions @guimx.

I absolutely understand the appeal of running the Core on your NAS, but with a 200k track collection, you’re going to want a NAS with a much faster CPU, an Intel NUC or similar, or a Windows or OSX device with a more powerful CPU.