PAUSE/UNPAUSE "Adding Music to the Library"

Here is a really useful one: being able to PAUSE/UNPAUSE “Adding Music to the Library”

Adding 96 tracks takes like half an hour, and during this time, trying to play tracks is excruciatingly slow. My tubes are being wasted on silent time while I am waiting for the next song to load.

Buf if I could pause adding to library, problem solved.

As a Side Note, I really don’t understand: Intel 7 8th generation has like 12 threads, why isn’t Roon Core/Server taking advantage of that? I don’t understand why adding music to the library is slowing down music playing, both my own music and from Tidal.

Thanks,
Goran

When you say “adding music to the library” you are talking about Roon’s Audio Analysis not the actual copy correct?

Audio Analysis can be turned off or on under Settings/Library. (Its under the Background Analysis Speed drop down, set to OFF) You can set the number of cores to dedicate to the analysis in the same location.

This really seem like a “support”-question rather than a feature request?
Adding 100 track would take less than 5 minutes including analysis on my way under-specced Celeron Core.
Why don’t you let us know some more about your setup?

Atb Mike

I never add music while the core is active. There are various ways to stop the core. The easiest is to stop the core in the web browser by typing the IP-Adress:

stop core

And with the same button you can start the Core again after the transfer. Anyone who has read the operating instructions knows that Roon recommends this procedure :wink:

By the way: The transfer of a High Res album takes (with me) about 1 - 2 min.

Another way to stop the core is a small VB script. I use this to stop, start or switch off the core.

rock script

The black button calls up the chores web interface, the rest is self-explanatory.

Here is the VBScript that I use to stop the core:

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set WshMsxml = WScript.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

On Error Resume Next
WshMsxml.open "POST", "http://192.168.xxx.xxx/1/stopsoftware", False
WshMsxml.send

WshShell.Popup "Roon Rock is stopped", 2, "Roon Rock", 64

Set WshMsxml = Nothing
Set WshShell = Nothing

Copy the text into the Windows Editor and save it in a folder of your choice e.g. under “rock-core-stop.vbs” as a file. The ending “.vbs” is important. Where there is xxx.xxx in the text for me, you have to enter the data of your IP address. Therefore, it makes sense to set the IP address of your core manually. Then you put a shortcut on your desktop, give it a nice icon and you’re done.

And here is the VBScript to start the core again:

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set WshMsxml = WScript.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

On Error Resume Next
WshMsxml.open "POST", "http://192.168.xxx.xxx/1/restartsoftware", False
WshMsxml.send

WshShell.Popup "Roon Rock continues", 2, "Roon Rock", 64

Set WshMsxml = Nothing
Set WshShell = Nothing
1 Like

The only relevant aspect of the setup is Windows 10. The moment I reboot it on the Roon Server, things are back to normal. I am sick of it.

I like this! Thank you very much! I will try it.

Thanks,
Goran

Something wrong with your setup if analysis is taking that long and interrupting playback.

I run Roon Server on a Win10 machine as well but have no issues whatsoever. 100 tracks in normal resolution should be done i about 10-15 seconds without any interrupt in the currently playing streams.

As long as you don’t tell us your setup, we can’t help you…

Antivirus? CPU? Storage disk/capacity? Local storage or networked? Roon DB disk/capacity?
Network setup?

I not sure the scripts provided by @StereJo will do you any good though as they seem ROCK-intended?