PDF Booklets Are M.I.A

Erm, there is such a feature, but I assume it’s not doing it how you would like it to do it?

The item in question here is a 5CD expanded release. You can argue that it’s not a box set if you like but they are released as a set and come in a box. Call it a multi-disc set if that appeals more to you. I’m just pointing out that there are pages of discussions on these forums on better management of multi-disc or box set releases.

1 Like

No, I agree that 5 CDs that come in a box is a boxset, and I agree that boxset management needs to be improved.

I thought that the different versions of the Yes album were separate releases that should be considered as a collection of different versions - that’s the use case that Roon currently supports…

Edit: so in the case of the Yes boxset, @Dave_Heiber should follow the naming convention for boxsets (from his screenshot, he’s not currently doing this), and put all the PDFs from each disc in the top-level boxset folder. He can give each PDF its own name so that it’s easy to open them on sight.

Ah yes I see where you’re coming from. I use the Roon “version” functionality quite a lot for different releases and masterings of the same album.

That could indeed be used here. I’m not a big Yes aficionado (though I like a lot of their stuff) and I’m not sure if all the albums here have indeed been separate releases at some time in the past. Either way, the user might want to have them grouped together as a box set to accurately reflect the nature of this particular release - I don’t think box set management and the “version” functionality represent alternate ways of doing the same thing. They should work quite well together, with the items in the box set also appearing under the appropriate version list.

In most cases, the album source is a Blu-ray audio disc. I was trying to organize and identify the Blu-ray sections in a meaningful way. Regardless, I don’t understand why a multi-disc set’s artwork is handled differently than a single disc album. Thanks again to @BlackJack for a solution to this vexing problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.