PecanPi -- Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

(tom539) #168

Hy,

just orderd the streamer…

Atb, Tom

1 Like
(Scott Sovinee) #169

I attended the demo this past Saturday. I wanted to thank Leo for his time and patience in explaining his engineering decisions to a “newbie” like me.

I was very impressed by the SQ, form factor and build quality of the PecanPi and BOSC amp. Nice gear!

2 Likes
(Leo Ayzenshtat) #170

The demo consisted of:
1 x PecanPi Streamer
2 x BOSC amps
2 x Paradigm Monitor 9 Speakers
1 x Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Headphones

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #171

If you are really interested in BOSC and would like to be one of the first people to get it at a reduced price, reserve now for $1. Only 55 spots available:
https://orchardaudio.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbsc-mplfr

(Michael) #172

Leo, is one reservation for a pair of BOSC? And, does a reservation commit to a purchase or just to an opportunity to buy at intro pricing?

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #173

Reservation is for a pair of amplifiers. There is no commitment, the reservation just gets you the special pricing.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #174

BOSC Pricing:

• Indiegogo VIP: $999 for two (2) BOSC Amps - Register Now only 55 spot available
    • 33% Savings from an MSRP of $1499
  • Indiegogo Early Bird: $1099 for two (2) BOSC Amps - limited availability
    • 26% Savings from an MSRP of $1499
  • Indiegogo Regular Price: $1199 for two (2) BOSC Amps
    • 20% Savings from an MSRP of $1499

BOSC specification have been updated after the latest round of testing and can be found here:
https://orchardaudio.com/bosc

1 Like
(Leo Ayzenshtat) #175

I am looking for individuals who would like to try out the BOSC amp and post their findings.

Send me a message if you would be interested.

(Mr Fix It ) #176

@Orchard_Audio those binding posts look seriously close together… to close for comfort if you ask me.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #177

The are the standard .75" center to center.

(Mr Fix It ) #178

Well standard or not they seem dangerously close to touching if you have any heavy weight speaker cables. Maybe the image is making it look closer than it is, but if there is no insulation on them I fear the worst could happen.

I would explicitly caution users to not attempt connecting or removing while the amps are powered for sure just to be on the safe side.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #179

Speaker cables should not be moved from any amplifier when it’s powered regardless of how close the binding posts are.

(Mr Fix It ) #180

Sage advice Leo but sadly not adhered to by too many.

(Mike) #181

Most HiFi equipment uses a 1” spacing for speaker terminals these days due to EU regulations. European power outlets have a 19mm spacing, so a 3/4” banana plug spacing was deemed unsafe.

1 Like
(Mr Fix It ) #182

That’s why most of the Japanese amps ship with binding post plugs installed

(Binky) #183

So… ten orders in total then :rofl:

I hope you’ve had many more since May and that you get many more :+1:

I’m tempted myself :thinking:

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #184

As of right now I have a total of 39 orders. I will start shipping the preorders in the next two weeks. Soon after that PecanPi products will be in stock and shipping within a few days of being ordered.

(Binky) #185

Good to hear :+1:

I was just catching up on unread topics and I thought it amusing you’d said 90% wanted the case but one 1 didn’t… I want the case as it looks great.

You’re getting good reviews so I’m tempted :thinking:

1 Like
(Michael) #186

Hah! I was the one that didn’t initially order the case deciding that I would build it myself. It took me awhile to realize I’m far better at procrastination than I am at building cases. So I then ordered a couple cases from Leo to go with the DACs I had ordered early on.

Can’t wait to get them!

1 Like
(Leo Ayzenshtat) #187

PecanPi preorders have started shipping.

If you have a preorder be on the lookout for an email with tracking information.

The first 6 packages went out today.

All pre orders will be shipped within 2-3 weeks.

1 Like