PecanPi -- Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #21

If somebody here can give me instructions on how to get a roon end point running in less than 10 minutes I will make price 0.01 just like the other one.

Currently I get volumio fully setup and running in less than 10 minutes

As for wifi some people don’t have the technical skills and will gladly pay the 50.

As always the more you do it self the cheaper it it is.

Another vendor preying on the unwashed, and yes, I’ve used DietPi to set up both a Roon endpoint and WiFi in less than 10 minutes.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #23

Please share the knowledge for benefit if the community. My current method takes more than 1.5 hours.

I’ll tell you how to do it in 10 minutes if you tell me how you managed to find a method that takes 1.5 hours.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #26

If you show me how to do it I will change the pricing to be one cent, just like the other options. Not only that I will refund the fee to people who already paid it.

Please send me private message, this is getting off topic for this forum.

OK, against my better judgement, PM being composed.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #28

Post # 2 update with headphone amplifier measurements.

(bevan court) #29

Easy, use Ropieee. Takes 10 minutes. I’m sure Harry @spockfish will do you a distribution deal.

(Mr Fix It ) #30

Send Harry a dac sample and he would be happy to get it running I bet.

Send Harry a dac sample, kick him back the money you’re asking from customers, and he would be happy to get it running I bet.

FTFY

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #32

I can already tell you that it is supported in ropieee. It uses the same driver as my previous DAC which is confirmed working. You can see this post:

That’s fantastic news !

Now care to explain how installing ropieee takes you an hour and a half ?

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #34

It does not, but I’m also not allowed to distribute it so I have to find some other means, unless I am missing something.

I’m aware that there’s some weirdness with how RoonLabs does things with commercial customers, but given that they’ve certified the Metrum implementation of ropieee, and unless @spockfish turned you down, I’m pretty sure a “$xxx recommended donation, give what you want” box would’ve gotten you a long way…

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #36

I will send Harry (@spockfish) a message to see how much it will cost. In the mean time I still have the same problem.

I will investigate what @Slim_Fishguttz send me to see if that will work.

For the life of me I can’t understand why this has become so complicated - installing Roon Bridge on Volumio has been documented on the forum for years and, of course, there’s a host of other options that people have hinted at.

(Rene Bouwmeester) #38

Whatever you do – keep in mind that you cannot distribute Roon Bridge software.

Ropieee and DietPi solve this by downloading and installing Roon Bridge at first boot (Ropieee) or at the user’s request (DietPi via software manager).

The other way is to develop a solution against the RoonReady SDK and work with Roon towards full certification of the product – which is a lot more involved.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #39

@RBM
Can I provide SD card on which the first boot has not occurred?

(Rene Bouwmeester) #40

Sure, as far as it does not contain Roon Bridge binaries.

When in doubt, best give @danny a ping.

(Leo Ayzenshtat) #41

Since this is the case I will put my price down for Roon install and the install will have to happen when the user 1st powers up the unit.