Performance Issue with Rel. 1353 on Nucleus

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus with 16 GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Everything hardwired with Gigabit-Ethernet. Unifi Sec-Gateway and several 16-Port Switches

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, Bluesound Powernode, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

9300 tracks, 1430 albums

Description of Issue

Since the update on 1353 yesterday, the browsing performance drastically dropped down. For instance, to show up the home section take up to 5 seconds. Or, just log-out and then re-login from any client (Mac, iPhone, iPad) takes ages until you are back in service.

Regards
Stefan

Update: also click “next song” while listening a playlist causes an interruption of several seconds until the next song is played.

Your setup sounds solid. I’m using all UniFi stuff too, including the UXG. You must be frustrated. I’m hoping it’s something simple.

I assume you’ve done all of the usual steps. Reboot everything, etc. Hoping you get this sorted out soon. I’m curious to know what caused the issue as, so far, build 1353 has been fine for me. I don’t have a Nucleus+, but I’m running Roon OS on an 11th Gen Intel i7 NUC, so similar.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Update: the behaviour while skiping a song from a particular album is different between Roon and Qobuz/Tidal. While Roon remains slow, the other native apps start playing the next song super-fast.

@support: can I downgrade?

This happens for local files as well as Qobuz ones?

only online content. But, again: using the native Qobuz or Tidal App do not have this problem…while being in the same network…by-the-way

1 Like

That is interesting to hear! So there seems to be something in the processing happening. You haven’t activated DSP in Roon?
Well and only Roon stuff can activate logging and check activities logs for issues occurring.

I have the same behaviour on my nucleus after the latest update. It’s slow, it disconnects. I have rebooted a couple of times but it doesn’t help.

Issue is Independent from DSP…

Hi @Stefan_Mauron,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! Sorry to hear you’re having performance issues.

Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.