Perhaps a bug for group zones playback - volume change on a display does the wrong endpoint

Hi @spockfish Harry I had 2 zones grouped today Original Zone was a Lumin D1, then I added a RPi3 with LCD and IQAudIO DigiAMP+ hat. In Roon app you get 2 volume controls.

But when I was using the LCD to change the volume - it did the Lumin’s volume and left the DigiAMP alone. This freaked the wife out a bit who was upstairs listening to the same stream on the Lumin. I also have another display only RPi that has an OSMC remote that did correctly work with the Lumin zones volume and dont think it did anything on the other DigiAMP zone.

Is this a bug or some weirdness with the way groups are combined?

My recollection is that the “primary” zone is controlled and not the additional grouped zones. There has been some prior threads about this I think, including:

2 Likes

Hmmmm maybe just have to be a bit more brain engaged before playing to a zone I want control of when I have someone else listening in another. Normally I just take the music to another zone via transfer :expressionless:

I am using volume control on locked screen and via hardware buttons using my iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch and love the fact that roon has realized this feature. However, I struggle during grouped playback (my main setting) because there only the main zone is controlled. Would be great if users had a choice (i.e. in settings) to allow volume control affect all grouped players / zones vs. just the main zone.