Personnel tags don't show up in identified albums

Thanks for all your answers, @Tony_Casey

Because “Text” is in the Production category, could this not be the reason that you see so many duplicates of “lyricists” that are credited both as composer and as lyricist? I have the “Production” preference set to “Roon” also, just because I nver changed it and it’s the default. But now that I am investigating all of this a bit deeper, I might just change it. See if I can live without te sometimes idiotically overcomplete listing of everone who served tea in the studio…

I think we both agree that “Text” is there for booklet essays / liner notes only and is abused on a rather big scale to credit poets and other writers who have seen their work set to music.
My advise to Roon / TiVo would be to stop doing that.

Let me give you an example of the album credits of Volume 12 in Hyperion’s complete Schubert Songs series:

Save for the poet Friedrich de la Motte-Fouqué (and of course the poor man lost the accent aigu on the final ‘e’ of his name, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_de_la_Motte_Fouqué) all of the poets are shown both as a lyricist and a “text” writer.

Now it’s interesting to note that the three songs based on his poems (tracks 8-10) are the ones that have no duplicates in the album view:

So I think we can safely conclude that it is the “Text” credit that creates the redundant Composer.

Track 7, by the way, concerns a song based on the poem by an unknown poet, as stated in the accompanying booklet. So it’s more or less correct to leave out the Lyricist credit for this track. Although one could also argue that the Lyricist credit should read “unknown” in such a case.

Perhaps one of these days I’ll try out the “production” preference set to “File” as a next step in my ongoing quest trying to tame the beast called Roon and make it do what I want…