Phantom Speakers waiting RAAT certification! [done]

Devialetchat forum blowing up as well as others experiencing same issues I’m having. Dev might have jumped the gun on release here.

Yes, Premier line is now renamed Phantom I, Reactor is Phantom II. Maybe there is Phantom III coming… and there is a black Phantom I with the same spec as Gold, but it is not clear if Classic (White) can be delivered as black.
Roon will have to switch on certified for RAAT. There is still one day to go…

2 Likes

RAAT is now reported on Devialetchat to work with the DOS 2.12.3 on Phantom I. Finally certified.

2 Likes

I’m still showing uncertified on my system. Have reset everything…

And 24/48 is confirmed as RAAT working rate. I thought UPnP streaming to Phantoms was 24/192? Can anyone with (for example) Audirvana and Phantoms tell us?

Restart the Roon Server…it worked for me…

Yes, please…this 24/96 max sample (and it seems to be re-sampling everything to 48khz) is really annoying to me…for a 10k Stereo system I can get better for that kind of money…with no warranty issues, etc…

Agreed. I think I’ll stick to streaming via toslink.

Does anyone know the internal samplerate of the Phantom? It might as well be 24/48. The Dutch & Dutch 8c uses the same samplerate, the Kii Three uses 24/93.75.

ADH2 and ADH3 both support 192kHz and the AES input of the Reactor Custom is specified at up to 192kHz so I think 48kHz can be the inter-speaker sample rate when paired.
Devialet Support has confirmed to me that upsampling to 192kHz takes place in Phantoms. Add to that the recent change in Phantom spec to 24/96 instead of 24/192. It’s all rather confusing at the moment!

Can confirm that everything seems to work perfectly. If so, that’s a landmark for a Devialet software release!

1 Like

Thanks for the info!
The new 24/96 limit puzzles me too. I’ll try to stream 24/192 via UPnP when I get a chance and see what happens.

1 Like

Does the firmware update automatically, or are there steps posted somewhere?

• open the devialet app on iOS
  • check for update
  • click update
  • update will take a few minutes and Phantoms might reboot
  • done!
1 Like

You have to update the app first, then follow Cudifyings how to

Great! Thank you very much @Cudifying and @ragwo!

1 Like

I had assumed Roon Ready would configure the audio settings specifically for the device. The MQA settings are set to Renderer Only but I don’t think the Phantom is a Renderer

Additionally because the Phantom Pair are down sampling to 48khz should the Max Sample Rate be set to 48 rather than 96?

I don’t think so. Even if I split my pair of Gold Phantom and connect Roon to one Phantom only, it still down sample to 48KHz, sad.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s down sampling no matter what… very sad…

I’m gonna try to make do with it. Don’t think it’s gonna affect me too much…