Phone (Android) unable to connect to core when connected to Orbi Satellite

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel i7-4770k
Win 10
Roon 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi RBR 50

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef ls50w connected with USB to Macbook air.

Description Of Issue

I recently had a ticket open here: Roon remote (Android) loses connection to core

Big thanks to @noris for helping out with this. It have made my connection rock solid as long as i am in the first or second floor of the house. (Where i listen to 90% of my music)

But it seems like i have ran into another issue.

If i go down in the basement, and want to listen to music there, i am unable to connect to the core.
My phone at this point is connected to the Orbi satellite that is located in the basement.

Even if i go back upstairs and my phone connects to the orbi router it will not reconnect or find the core. I have to reboot it on my PC.

Any suggestions how to fix this issue where roon are unable to connect to core when device is connected to the Orbi Satellite?

Thanks.

Hi @Highfive_83,

Just to confirm, have you unchecked the Disable IGMP Snooping settings as mentioned in our Networking Guide?

Hello.

Yes, that was the advice I received on my other ticket as linket in my initial post

So that is done.

You might try this

Hi.

This kind of works.
When i am in the basement and use this trick i find the core.
But if i go back to the first floor (connected to main router) i need to do the same process to be able to access the core again.

I can live with it, as mentioned i listen to 90% of my music at the first floor.
However its a bit strange that i have do do this cumbersome task every time i move from Router to asatellite.

Are the router and satellite on the same wireless access point name?

Hello @Highfive_83,

How do you have the Orbi Satellite in the basement configured? Is it in “Access Point” mode or “Router” mode?